I have finally decided to purchase Tesla Model S 75 2017. Before making the decision, I have researched several electric vehicles (EVs) which were on the market in 2017:
- Nissan Leaf
- Chevy Volt
- Bmw i3
However none of the above were as attractive as Model S because of the following features and advantages that Tesla offers:
- Tesla Over the Air Software Updates. This feature is one that sets Tesla so far apart from any car manufacturer today. This idea of continuous software updates is certainly not new. Pioneered in the mobile phone market, this feature became one of the common ones. However, Tesla took it to a different level and applied the same in the car industry. Very innovative and cool.
- Tesla Battery Capacity. None of the vehicles on the market supported the long battery range that Tesla supports, 200 plus miles range!
- Size. Model S is a full size sedan that can fit 5 adults. None of the electric cars listed above can comfortably fit so many passengers.
- Tesla Design. Model S has a very attractive modern design versus an odd looking boxy designs that other cars have. Even older Model S design still looks attractive today.
- Tesla Supercharger Network. I believe one of the most important decisions that Tesla made is to start building the supercharging network or stations. None of the manufacturers on the market today both in USA and Europe have this wide and growing charging stations network.
- Tesla Autopilot. Yes from the first time I test drove the Model S, I was perplexed by the autopilot accuracy and its functionality. I will write a separate blog about autopilot because it really deserves it.
- Model S Handling. This is another big reason why I have decided to go with Tesla. The handling of this car is something that cannot be compared to any other car that I ever owned and or tried driving.
- Comfort. The Model S cabin is very comfortable for both driver and passengers. There is plenty room for a 6 feet adult in both front and back seats.
- Rear wheel drive. I always wanted to drive a rear wheel drive car for its unique driving capabilities. For as long as I remember I had front wheel and all wheel drive cars and both handle differently compared to rear wheel.
- Tesla Touch Screen. Yes at first I was not paying attention to a big screen monitor in the cabin. But after using it for a year, I can guarantee to anyone that this will change your car driving experience. I will write a separate blog about this amazing screen. And none of the cars above have this invention.
Test Drive Before Buy
I did test drive Model S before buying multiple times. The first time was in the Tesla shop in the mall. Tesla is planning to close them now but not all of them. I believe it is not a great idea because a lot of people still are not into electric cars or do not trust the brand. This is still too new.
The second time when I was shopping to replace my old Audi with the new one. Believe it or not, the Audi dealer had an older Model S 60 on their lot along with other Audi cars. So, my wife and I test drove one of the older Audi A6 models which were considering to buy. Then, I saw Tesla Model S 60 and decided to test drive it to compare with the Audi A6. This was the second time I drove Model S right after I drove A6 and I could not commit to Audi. The Model S felt so much different. This event started my long negotiations process with Tesla sales.
Model S Features
My wife and I were Audi fans for a very long time. We loved our Audi A6, its handling, style, all wheel drive, and etc. We were on the verge of purchasing another used Audi A6 but at the very last moment decided to go with Tesla Model S. We love Model S so far and believe that we made the right decision. If you can test drive a Tesla from someone you know or from the Tesla shop while they are still there, please do and compare to what you drive today. You will experience the difference.
Get 5,000 miles (expires May 28) of free Supercharging when you purchase a new Tesla and use my referral code: EMIN9088